Terms and Conditions – Olympian updated 20 July 2020
Terms and Conditions of Use
Olympian provides this website, gymnastics services and related products to you and your dependants, the “End User”, and to any other entity or person on whose behalf you accept these Terms (collectively “you”). These Terms are entered into by and between Olympian and you, and you accept them by: (a) transacting activities through the Site and Services; (b) using the Site and Services in any other manner; and/or (c) acknowledging agreement with these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use the Site and Services.
Your Obligations and Conduct
In consideration of your use of the Site and Services, you agree to: (a) provide accurate, current, and complete information about you and your depends as may be prompted by a registration form on the website (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) restrict access to the user’s computer; (d) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data and any information you provide to Olympian, to keep it accurate, current and complete; (e) accept all risks of unauthorised access to information and Registration Data; and (f) avoid using the Site if you are under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not allowed to register on the Site and you must ask a parent or guardian to register on your behalf. You are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, or otherwise transmit through your use of the Site and Services, and through Social Media sites controlled by Olympian (“Content”). You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit Content that: (a) is inaccurate, harmful, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, racist, violent, offensive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable to Olympian or other users of the website; (b) includes unauthorised disclosure of personal information; (c) violates or infringes anyone’s intellectual property rights; or (d) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment. Olympian reserves the right to edit or remove Content that violates these Terms or that contains third-party commercial advertisements.
You understand that the Site and Services is available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your membership account or otherwise will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, publicity, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libellous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material and you (and not Olympian) shall be solely responsible for all materials submitted to the Site and Services.
You further agree not to harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of members from the Site and Services, including Olympian controlled Social Media Sites by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications. Additionally, you agree not to use automated scripts to collect information from the Site and Services or for any other purpose. You further agree that you may not use Site and Services in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair Site and Services. In addition, you agree not to use the Site and Services to:
- harass or advocate harassment of any person;
- exploit or attempt to exploit people in any inappropriate manner;
- solicit personal information;
- promote information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- transmit “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited instant messaging, or “spamming” in any fashion; solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from users of the Site and Services;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, trojan horses, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorisation, or create a false identity on the Site; or
- commit or cause the commitment of any “click-fraud” or other act, such as using spiders, robots, web scrapers, screen scrapers, internet macros or other automated software programs, that intentionally misrepresents advertising or voting metrics on the Site.
Communications from Olympian
By creating an account, you agree to receive certain communications in connection with the Site and Services. You will receive our e-mail, newsletters, texts and flyers about classes and camps in your neighbourhood. You can opt-out of non-essential communications.
Content Submitted to the Site
Whilst we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the Site and Services content. We do not: (i) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information available through the Service, or (ii) adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any party that appears through the Site and Service. We make no representations, warranties, or guarantees in connection with the Site and Service, or any information therein, relating to the quality, suitability, truth, accuracy or completeness of any information contained in the Site and Service. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from: a) your reliance on information or other content posted or transmitted to or by any user of the Site and Service; or b) reviews or comments made about the Site and Service by other users. If you question, doubt or dispute any information or would like to notify us of any suspected or known inaccurate, false or misleading information posted through the Site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Olympian relating to their subject matter, and cancel and supersede any prior versions of the Terms. You must not assign or otherwise transfer the Terms or any right granted hereunder. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use Olympian or third-party products or services employed by Olympian.
Content Provided Via Links
You may find links to other websites or resources on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that Olympian is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and Olympian does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Olympian will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any actual or alleged damage or loss caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Intellectual Property Rights
Except as expressly authorised by Olympian or by Content providers, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, mirror, frame, republish, download, transmit, or create derivative works of the Content of others, in whole or in part, by any means. You must not modify, decompile, or reverse engineer any software Olympian discloses to you, and you must not remove or modify any copyright or trademark notice, or other notice of ownership.
“Olympian Trademarks” means all names, marks, brands, logos, designs, trade dress, slogans and other designations Olympian uses in connection with its products and services. You may not remove or alter any Olympian Trademarks, or co-brand your own products or material with Olympian Trademarks, without prior written consent. You acknowledge Olympian rights in Olympian Trademarks and agree that any use of Olympian Trademarks by you shall inure to Olympian sole benefit. You agree not to incorporate any Olympian Trademarks into your trademarks, service marks, company names, internet addresses, domain names, or any other similar designations, for use on or in connection with computer or internet-related products, services or technologies.
Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppels, implication, or otherwise. Permission is granted to display, copy, distribute and download Content owned by Olympian on this Site provided that: (a) the copyright notice pertaining to the Content remains, and a permission notice (e.g., “used with permission”) is added to such Content; (b) the use of such Content is solely for personal and non-commercial use; (c) such Content will not be copied or posted on any networked computer or published in any medium, except as explicitly permitted by valid permission or license covering such materials; and (d) no modifications are made to such Content. This permission terminates automatically without notice if you breach any of the terms or conditions in this document. Upon termination, you must immediately destroy any downloaded and/or printed Content.
User Comments, Feedback, and other Submissions
We welcome your feedback on the Site and Services. All comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Olympian on or by this Site and Services or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection with your use of this Site and Services (collectively, “Comments”) shall be and remain Olympian property. Such disclosure, submission or offer of any Comments shall constitute an assignment to Olympian of all rights, title and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property in the Comments. Olympian will own exclusively all such rights, titles, and interests and shall not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise, of any Comments. Olympian is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You represent that no Comments submitted by you to the Site and Service will violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s). You further represent that no Comments submitted by you to the Site will be or contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material. You are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Your use of the Site and Services is at your sole risk unless otherwise explicitly stated. The Site and Services, including the information, services, and Content, is provided on an “as is”, “as available”, and “with all faults” basis. Olympian disclaims all express or implied conditions, representations, and warranties of any kind, including any implied warranty or condition of merchantability, satisfactory quality, or fitness for a particular purpose. Olympian makes no representations, warranties, conditions or guarantees as to the usefulness, quality, suitability, truth, accuracy, or completeness of the Site and Services.
Olympian makes no warranty or representations that: (a) the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (b) the results that may be obtained from the use of the website will be accurate or reliable; (c) the quality of any products, services, Content, information, or other material purchased or obtained from the website will meet your expectations or requirements; or (d) any errors in the Site will be corrected.
You assume all risk for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from obtaining any Content from the Site, including any damages resulting from computer viruses.
Notices; Modification and Termination of Services; Amendment of Terms
Olympian may provide notice to you via email, regular mail, or posting notices or links to notices on the Site and Services. Olympian reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend or terminate the Site and Services (or any part thereof), and/or your use of or access to them, with or without notice.
To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site and Services is in conflict or inconsistent with these Terms, this document shall take precedence. Olympian failure to enforce any provision of these Terms shall not be deemed as either a waiver of such provision or as a waiver of the right to enforce such provision.
Gymnasts Code Of Conduct:
- Gymnasts should listen and respect the decision of the coaches
- Gymnasts should arrive five minutes before the start of training
- No rough, dangerous, or violent play, including bullying and inappropriate behaviour
- Gymnasts must wear suitable clothing to class. No gymnasts will be permitted to train unless they are wearing the correct training clothing. (NO SKIRTS, JEANS or ANY UNSUITABLE CLOTHING). Gymnast should wear a garment that is fairly light in weight and allows for complete freedom of movement without being too loose. When glasses are worn, ensure they are securely fastened around the head.
- No jewellery allowed (long earrings, bracelets, rings, watches)
- Use of the equipment is strictly forbidden without the proper supervision of a qualified Olympian Gymnastics Club coach
- The Site Manager/Supervisor is in charge. The Site Manager has the authority to refuse or expel anyone
- During Gym Tots, children aged 5 and under must be accompanied to class by an adult
- All equipment must be returned to its original place by the user
- Gymnasts should never engage in activity without supervision.
- Gymnasts should not pursue skills or activities that exceed their current abilities without the proper supervision or support. Any skill which is unfamiliar to a person cannot be performed.
- Gymnasts are not allowed on the equipment without the consent or supervision of their coach
- Any faults in the equipment or set-up should be reported immediately to their coach
- No dress shoes, boots or dirty runners allowed on the gym floor
- No socks on beam.
- Gym shoes are required footwear in all clubs from January 2018 onwards.
- Grooming is important, ensuring nails are kept short enough to prevent interference with gripping or footing, as well as self-inflicted injuries. Hair should be securely tied to prevent entanglement and to prevent obscuring sight when engage within an activity.
- No smoking or alcohol allowed. Anybody appearing to be “under the influence” will be immediately expelled
- No shouting, swearing or rude language
- No gum, sweets, food or drink (open cups) allowed in the hall area. Except bottled water
- Olympian Gymnastics Club has a NUT ALLERGY ALERT in effect. No nut products allowed in our facility
- The use of mobile phones is not permitted during class and should be turned off until the end of class
- Gymnasts should report to the coach anything that will compromise their ability to perform.
- Gymnasts taking medication should obtain clearance from a physician that indicates that the medication will not interfere with gymnastics activity.
- Gymnasts suffering from an illness should inform the coach, obtain clearance from a physician prior to participation, and closely monitor their condition and ability to perform.
- Gymnasts should approach the Children’s Officer/Designated Person with any questions or concerns they may have
- Gymnasts should not tell lies or spread rumours about adults or other children
- Gymnasts should not keep secrets about any person who may have caused them harmInability or refusal to follow these and other coach directives and rules MAY result in immediate expulsion from the gym
Parents’ Code of Conduct:
- Parents must ensure payment is made prior to class, as otherwise their child will not be covered by our insurance, and can be asked to sit out during class.
- If a parent wishes to get a refund they must contact the office prior to the second class that term.
- Parents may wait outside the hall in the entrance area
- Parents are not allowed inside the hall or on the gym floor.
- Parents are not permitted to wait near exits or beside the adjacent walls.
- If your child is expected to be away longer than 2 weeks, please let the coach and/or office know.
- If your child has been injured outside of class, contact the office to inform them when they’ll be returning to class.
- Gymnasts should arrive a few minutes before the start of training. It is particularly upsetting for the younger children to arrive after all the others have started. All gymnasts should attend and take part in the warm up. It is an essential part of the training that helps the prevention of injury.
- Please do not drop off your own, or other children, early to watch the classes unattended. Olympian Gymnastics Club cannot be responsible for these children until they enter the gym.
- Please ensure you are punctual collecting your children and remind them that they must wait in the building until collected.
- Parents should ensure they fill in all relevant personal information for their child when registering them for a class, especially medical information.
- If their child has any medical conditions that may require administering medication, they must outline the procedure involved and sign the Medical Information consent form allowing coaches to undertake this duty.
- Parents should ensure they have included up-to-date information regarding the Olympian Proficiency Awards (Badges) that their child has achieved.
- Please advise the Club of any change of circumstances, i.e. medical, change of address and particularly Mobile Phone Number.
- Parents of children with an illness or condition will be asked to fill out a form (Medical Conditions Instruction Sheet) instructing the coaching staff of all necessary steps in the case of an emergency related to their child’s medical condition or the administration of medicine.
- Parents should be aware of the relevant Coaches and their role within the club, especially the Children’s Officer and the Site Manager/Supervisor.
- Parents should show appreciation of and respect for the Coaches and their decisions
- Parents should encourage their child to play by the rules
- Parents should not ignore or dismiss complaints or concerns expressed by a child which relate to his/her involvement in sport
- Parents should not put undue pressure on their child to please or perform well, including forcing a child to participate when ill
- Parents should not treat the club as a child-minding service
Our coaches wish to maximise coaching time within the gym, therefore if you wish to speak to us about anything to do with the classes please do so at the end of the class. If you wish to speak with your child’s coach or the Site Manager/Supervisor for more detailed feedback, you can also arrange this by contacting the office.
As you can imagine with many children coming through the Club each week, the amount of lost property is substantial. All lost property will be cleared at the end of each half term. Please ensure your child has all their belongings before they go home.
Procedures Introduced to Reduce the Spread of Covid-19:
- All gymnasts are advised to have their own hand sanitiser
- Gymnasts are not required to wear masks, but they can if they wish
- If a gymnasts, or anyone who they come into regular contact with, develops symptoms of Covid-19 they must not attend class
- Any gymnast who has a temperature of 37.8 degrees or above will not be allowed to attend class
- Gymnasts will be asked to sanitise their hands upon entering the building
- Gymnasts must only leave their belongings in an assigned place
- When waiting for their coach, they must stay on the marking/spot, that they started on
- When at each apparatus, gymnasts must maintain the distance outlined by the floor markings/spots
- Gymnasts must not move/adjust the floor marking/spots
- Gymnasts must not touch equipment that is not part of their exercises/activities
- Gymnasts must not leave the group without permission
- Gymnasts may get water/go to the toilet once the [assigned person] is ready to monitor their safety
- Gymnasts must wash/sanitise their hands after getting water/going to the toilet, and immediately return to their group
- Gymnasts must follow the instructions of their coach when on each apparatus and while moving around the gym
- When class has ended, gymnasts must only go to their assigned belongings
- When waiting to be collected, they must wait on their assigned mark/spot until they hear their name
- Parents/guardians must make themselves familiar with the company’s Covid-19 protocols before returning back to class
- Parents/guardians must follow all rules outlined to them by the coaches at the venue, especially in regard to where they should go when dropping off and collecting their gymnast
- Parents/guardians must accompany their gymnasts to the doors
- Parents/guardians will not be permitted into the gym, unless in extraordinary circumstances
- If a parent/guardian does enter the gym, they must be wearing a mask and must also sanitise their hands, and their contact information must be filled out on the Contact Tracing doc
- If a parent/guardian wishes to speak to their coach/Area Manager, this can be done outside the venue at a distance of 2 metres. It is advised that they make arrangements to do this by contacting the office first
- If parents/guardians suspect their gymnast has covid-19 or has come into contact with someone with covid-19, they must not attend class
- It is recommended that gymnasts go to the toilet before they arrive to the gym
- It is recommended that parents wait in their car until the doors open and if there is a queue they should wait until it has shortened
Gymnastics and other activities offered at Olympian Gymnastics Club (“Olympian”) may involve a certain element of risk, which may result in bodily injury to the participant.
Gymnastics also requires the Coach to perform some manual spotting which involves direct physical contact and which is designed to assist the participant in the safe performance of the program skills.
Coaches are not responsible for the children before and after class; please make sure that your child is being dropped off and picked up on time. A child who is late maybe refused access to class.
Olympian Gymnastics Club is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
All gymnasts are insured under our public liability policy with Allianz insurance & Heavey Insurance brokers.
Mobile phones & Flash Cameras in the Gym:
No cell phones or flash cameras allowed in the gym at all times. Use of video Cameras must be pre-approved by Olympian Gymnastics prior to use.
Satisfaction guaranteed / Refund & Credit Policy:
Olympian Gymnastics will give a full refund (no questions asked) after the first class if the member is not completely satisfied.
This offer takes effect only before the second scheduled day of class. After the second day of class, Olympian Gymnastics will give a refund for the remaining classes only if a medical note is provided and less any admin/sign-up charges.
All term fees include a non-refundable ‘Member Sign-Up Fee’ that covers registration set-up costs, operational and administrative costs, and insurance. This fee is €32 for a 1-hour class, and calculated proportionally for other classes according to duration. Any refunds after the 1st week of class, are subject to this cost.
Credits are valid for one year (from the date of issue). They can only be issued for special circumstances and only if they are given prior to the end of the session for which it is claimed.
Credit notes will be given out or mailed to the member and not kept on record by Olympian Gymnastics credits can only be valid with presentation of the credit note. For both credits and refunds, Olympian Gymnastics reserves the right to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
Members with outstanding accounts may be refused access to the gym.
Registration in one session Olympian not automatically carry over to the next session. Members must re-register for each session/ term; there is no automatic carry-over, unless members have opted into an auto renew program.
Availability & Pricing
In the event a service or product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, Olympian shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for the product listed at the incorrect price. Olympian shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Olympian hall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
I hereby grant to the Olympian Gymnastics Club/ Olympian, its employees, agents and assigns, the right to photograph my dependents participating in gymnastics and use the photo and or other digital reproduction of him/her or other reproduction for publication processes, whether electronic, print, digital or electronic publishing via the Internet.
Schedule Changes & Modifications:
All schedules are subject to change without prior notice, depending on staff availability, weather, hall availability and other considerations. Every effort is made to notify the members when changes are made. Please read the notices posted on the website and check emails, for all current scheduling details (www.olympaingymnastics.com)