New Procedures and Policies to Help Reduce the Spread of Covid-19 in our Club
- a fever (high temperature – 37.8 degrees Celsius or above).
- a cough – this can be any kind of cough, not just dry.
- shortness of breath or breathing difficulties.
- loss of sense of smell
For the complete list of symptoms, please refer to the HSE Website.
Some people infected with the virus, so called asymptomatic cases, have experienced no symptoms at all.
How it Spreads
The virus that causes COVID-19 disease is spread from people in fluid and in droplets scattered from the nose or mouth of an infected person when the person with COVID-19 coughs, sneezes or speaks. The fluid or droplets land on objects and surfaces around the infected person. Other people contaminate their hands by touching these objects or surfaces and then bring the virus into contact with their eyes, nose or mouth by touching them with their contaminated hands. COVID-19 can also spread if droplets from an infected person land directly on the mucous membranes of the eye, nose or mouth of a person standing close to them.
It is still not known how long the virus survives on surfaces in different conditions. The period of survival may vary under different conditions (e.g. type of surface, temperature or humidity of the environment). Studies indicate that it can persist on surfaces for hours and up to several days in the absence of effective cleaning. Thorough and regular cleaning of frequently touched surfaces is essential. If disinfection is required it must be performed in addition to cleaning, never as a substitute for cleaning.
While people are most likely to pass on the infection when they have symptoms, current information suggests that some infected people spread the virus to others prior to developing or displaying symptoms themselves.
A number of measures are being implemented in the company to reduce the spread of Covid-19:
- Reduce numbers in class
- Establishment of isolation areas in each venue
- First aid will only be done by one member of staff in a specific day (normally the AM or the Supervisor)
- Temperature check on bring in – different door for bring in and take out, removing any crossover between classes
- Hand sanitation will be conducted on bring in
- Parents aren’t allowed in the gym and guideline videos will be available to parents, showing how the drop out and collection of their kids will be done
- Cleaning of equipment before each turn and rotation
- Reduce of rotations in class
- PPE equipment used by staff
- Hand sanitiser available on site for staff and other visitors
Changes You Will Notice in Class
- All venues will Display information notices of signs and symptoms of Covid-19 in areas viewable by everyone.
- Floor Markings will be introduced outside and inside the gym
- Introduction of new Contact Tracing Log of all individuals entering an Olympian venue, noting Venue and Date. The purpose on the Log is to facilitate the contract tracing of the virus to inform anyone who may be affected by it.
- Olympian has introduced employee representatives (Operations Manager, Area Managers and Supervisors) tasked with communicating health advice regarding covid-19 around the workplace.
- Olympian will implement temperature testing in line with Public Health advice.
VENUE SET-UP & READINESS FOR COACHES
- All equipment being used should be cleaned (gloves can be used to protect hands)
- All members of staff must wash/sanitise their hands
- Floor markings must be ready and made visible
- Announcements should be made to members to regarding what they must do as they enter the building, and to line up with social distancing in mind as they are let it
- Before gymnasts enter the gym, they must be temperature tested, if they register at 37.8 or above, they cannot train
- As they enter the gym, they must sanitise their hands, using hand sanitiser, and marked off on the Contact Tracing doc.
- After that gymnasts must leave their belongings in an separated area, and immediately join their coach
- Parents/guardians will not be allowed into the gym, unless under extreme circumstances, but can talk with staff outside if necessary.
- If a parent/guardian does come into the gym, their details must be noted on the Contact Tracing doc.
Other Changes to Note:
- Gymnasts will go directly to their coach for a light warm-up at their first station, all while standing in an assigned position (marker/spot), to maintain social distancing.
- When waiting for their go, they will always wait on a particular spot.
- When the rotation is finished, the gymnast must go to a spot to wait until the coach has finished cleaning the equipment.
- When moving between stations, all groups must move at the same time once they are ready, and social distancing must be maintained during the move.
- If a gymnast needs a toilet/water break, the Assigned Person must ensure that they follow the necessary protocols on cleaning their hands after they have finished.
- Toilets must be cleaned used the specific cleaning equipment for toilets, and use gloves will be required.
- In the case that a gymnast requires First Aid, only the Assigned Person may come into direct contact with the gymnast to administer first aid as required.
- Prior to this, they must sanitise their hands and ensure they’re wearing PPE.
CLASS END TIME
- When class has finished, gymnasts will gather their belongings from the assigned locations in staggered rotations and line up at the exit on the marked spots.
- Coaches may assist gymnasts with their shoes, if necessary.
- Gymnasts will be let out one at a time as their parents/guardians come to collect them.
- The Assigned Person will remain with any gymnasts left at the end, until the next class is due to come in.
- If there are any gymnasts left while the next class is starting, they must remain in the gym until the next class has fully entered, so we can control who is entering and exiting the building at all times.
- All gymnasts are advised to have their own hand sanitiser
- Gymnasts are not required to wear masks, but they can if they wish
- If a gymnasts, or anyone who they come into regular contact with, develops symptoms of Covid-19 they must not attend class
- Any gymnast who has a temperature of 37.8 degrees or above will not be allowed to attend class
- Gymnasts will be asked to sanitise their hands upon entering the building
- Gymnasts must only leave their belongings in an assigned place
- When waiting for their coach, they must stay on the marking/spot, that they started on
- When at each apparatus, gymnasts must maintain the distance outlined by the floor markings/spots
- Gymnasts must not move/adjust the floor marking/spots
- Gymnasts must not touch equipment that is not part of their exercises/activities
- Gymnasts must not leave the group without permission
- Gymnasts may get water/go to the toilet once the Assigned Person is ready to monitor their safety
- Gymnasts must wash/sanitise their hands after getting water/going to the toilet, and immediately return to their group
- Gymnasts must follow the instructions of their coach when on each apparatus and while moving around the gym
- When class has ended, gymnasts must only go to their belongings
- When waiting to be collected, they must wait on their assigned mark/spot until they hear their name
- Parents/guardians must make themselves familiar with the company’s Covid-19 protocols before returning back to class
- Parents/guardians must follow all rules outlined to them by the coaches at the venue, especially in regard to where they should go when dropping off and collecting their gymnast
- Parents/guardians will not be permitted into the gym, unless in extraordinary circumstances
- If a parent/guardian does enter the gym, they must be wearing a mask and must also sanitise their hands, and their contact information must be filled out on the Contact Tracing doc
- If a parent/guardian wishes to speak to their coach/Area Manager, this can be done outside the venue at a distance of 2 metres. It is advised that they make arrangements to do this by contacting the office first
- If parents/guardians suspect their gymnast has covid-19 or has come into contact with someone with covid-19, they must not attend class
- It is recommended that gymnasts go to the toilet before they arrive to the gym
- It is recommended that parents wait in their car until the doors open and if there is a queue they should wait until it has shortened